If the pen and the sword are interchangeable in terms of resistance, than I am a knight and the people are my kingdom.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FREE SPEECH IS YOUR GREATEST WEAPON AGAINST TYRANNY

Rather than diving into it, I'd rather start off by quoting Mark Twain, "Each for himself alone must decide what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man."

I have been keeping my mouth shut for years. And I look back at myself and I get angry. I get angry because America gave me the beautiful gift of free speech and I've shirked this for years.

I admire each and every one of you for stating what you believe in. Not because I agree with what you say, it's because you say it. And today- not enough people are speaking.

We live in a world of lies. People waste their free speech on lies when the truth is the same price.

The Declaration of Independence has an intolerable fallacy. The first three words. "We the people..."

That word "we". That one word contradicts everything America stands for. "Each for himself alone must decide what is right..."

I agree with the Declaration of Independence. But for me to say that you do too is unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment